Custom Golden Greeks - Two approaches

While going over June's pictures for My Golden Greek I saw two sets of images featuring Golden Greeks that have had custom finishes applied to them, in two very different ways.

Although I like to keep my GG's as near to original condition as I can I understand how people like to change the appearance of their mods. I do the same thing with my mobile phone, applying custom ROMS, icons, etc. Standing out from the crowd is something people enjoy, whatever the subject.

Vape'nShine


The first mod here belongs to ECF forum member, Joshua T Clark. The finish on this mod was done by the folks over at Vape'n'Shine. I visited their website to get a better look at what they do and was very impressed by the high quality of work. There are lots of different effects and finishes you can have done, including custom designs. They also do plating and polishing, a service that might appeal to more conservative GG owners.

Custom GG by Vape'n'Shine

Vape'nShine custom GG


This is not a look for most GG owners but that's the point. A very unique and individual piece that shows what can be done with a GG.

Custom finish on GG by Vape'n'Shine

The one that got away


The second mod I want to show you is owned by ECF user breminator. While visiting the beach he experienced every GG owners nightmare, losing his GG. He was taking this first set of pictures when the Indian Ocean took the GG away.

JustGG in the surf

JustGG on the sand

JustGG under water


The good news is that a couple of days later he returned to the same spot and found his GG.

In his own words, "I began to grab in the sand at the beach, and after a few minutes the sea gave back, what was mine, yeaaaaahhhhh!"

Not only that, it also returned with a very unique finish courtesy of mother nature. Being in the sea and sand resulted in this distinctive patina. I think this finish looks amazing.


Brass JustGG tube

JustGG

JustGG with mixed finish

JustGG on the beach

JustGG brass parts

I'm so happy for him that he got it back, hopefully he will keep a tighter hold on it from now on! 



0 comments :

Post a Comment